15 April 2009

Whipped Cream

I hate Cool Whip. I'm pretty sure I can taste the chemicals in it and I know it leaves a metallic aftertaste. Yuck. I bet you can whip up some fresh cream to top your pies in the same amount of time it takes to get that plastic safety wrap off a carton of Chemical Whip. All you need is heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar.



I usually add about 2T of powdered sugar because I really like the flavor of the cream and most pies don't need much sweetener. But you can add more!



Now whip it! Whip it good! But not too much. If you keep whipping it you will get butter, but that's another post. Like meringue, you want it to peak, but unlike meringue you don't want the peaks too stiff.
Not ready yet...



Now it is...



Takes maybe two minutes. If that. And here's what it looks like on a slice of sweet potato pie.



Mmmmm.

No comments: