22 September 2009

My Favorite Fudge Brownies

I have been making these brownies since I cut out the recipe from my mom's Better Homes and Gardens in November 1993.



See? :) I am not even going to pretend that these brownies are healthy and I never try to "improve" this recipe. They are absolutely perfect...unless you like cakey brownies, which I do not. These brownies are gooey and rich and oh soooo good!

You will need:

1/2 cup butter
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
**************
For Chocolate Glaze:

3T butter
2T cocoa
2T milk (I used skim)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla



Chop up the butter and add it and the chocolate to a medium saucepan.



Melt over low heat.



Turn off the heat and stir in sugar.



Mix thoroughly.




In a separate bowl, scramble your eggs.



Then add about 1/2 cup of the chocolate mixture to the eggs to temper them. You don't want little bits of cooked egg in your brownies. Big yuck.



Now add your flour and combine. Yep, just 2/3 of a cup. This recipe is heavy on the sugar, easy on the flour. Makes for a fudgy brownie.





Pour into a greased (on the bottom only) 8-inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Don't overbake!!



Let cool completely on a wire rack. This will be hard. They smell awesome and you are going to want to dig in right away. Hold off--the glaze is amazing! Tink asked me every five minutes if the brownies were cool yet.

Add your 3T butter, 2T cocoa, and 2T milk to a saucepan.





Stir until the mixture comes to a boil.



Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla.



Pour over your brownies.



Wait no longer! Time to cut into these yummies




and feast!



Enjoy!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great! Now I don't know if I should make the chocolate cookies or the brownies. Maybe both! Thanks for the great recipes!