09 July 2009

3-2-1 Chicken

3-2-1 Chicken is a recipe handed down from six generations of the Sunshine family...just kidding. Some woman in a grocery store told this recipe to my mom when she was buying Montreal Steak Seasoning one day. :) It is ridiculously simple, but crazy flavorful. Best of all, no oven. It is crazy, sticky hot here and I refuse to turn on my oven. Which means I have not been baking and have had to look for other stress relievers...like playing Lego Star Wars with Tinker Bell.

For this ludicrously easy recipe you will need:

3T mayo (I use Miracle Whip, which is called mayo in the South)
2T Italian dressing (I make my own)
1T Montreal Steak Seasoning (lower sodium if you are watching your salt intake)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 3 strips each

(I usually double all of the ingredients so that we have lots of leftovers. I love to feast on cold chicken out of the fridge.)




I make my own Italian dressing using the Good Seasons dressing mix. Two mixes come with a free cruet, which I use for my homemade vanilla. Works perfectly and then I just mix up the dressing in a bowl. But any Italian dressing will work.




After I clean and cut my chicken I put it all into a plastic bag. I mix up the mayo, dressing, seasoning in a bowl and then pour it over the chicken and let it marinade for at least a few hours, overnight is not necessary.



I used to make this on my George Foreman grill, but it started smelling like burning plastic every time I turned it on so I threw it out. I miss it, tho. Now I make the chicken in an electric skillet on medium high heat, about 5 minutes on each side.



You can make this in the oven (350 for 20 minutes) or on the grill outside. So easy, so quick, and SO tasty no matter how you cook it.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jellybeans said...

I am officially addicted to your blog ^_^ I made this chicken last night after you posted this, and it was absolutely delicious and so easy to make!

Sunshine Mom said...

oh, wow! thanks so much!!