09 November 2009

GORP

My camera is officially home from its vacation (and it brought gifts!!) so this will be the last of the ugly food photo posts. I was going to remake the recipe and retake the pictures, but I just realized I used the last of my dried fruit on a new batch of granola bars. So, the photos for this GORP recipe are yellow and fuzzy, but the since the recipe is super easy it should not make a difference.

GORP stands for Good Old Raisins and Peanuts, but I didn't add either one. :) Really GORP is just a mix of virtually anything that you can take hiking, camping, add to lunches, or just snack on. So the sky is the limit on what you can add! Tink can't eat peanuts because of her braces and Goose doesn't care for raisins, so this mix is tailored for them.

You will need:

1 cup dried fruit (any kind! I used mixed apples, pineapple, cranberries, and cherries)
1 cup Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal (any cereal will do, like Multigrain Cheerios)
1 cup Goldfish Pretzels
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (M&M's would be great!!)



Pour everything into a plastic bag...



and mix. That's it! The chocolate chips tend to settle at the bottom of the bag, so give the bag a toss before grabbing a handful.



I put a handful into a little reusable plastic container in the kids' lunch every day. This mix lasts us about a week. The first time I packed it Goose came home and said that she ate everything but the mini chocolate chips, which she added to her chocolate pudding. :) I thought that was so clever!

*note: make sure the cereal you choose does not have high fructose corn syrup. The Fiber One cereals don't have it, but their granola bars do, so check your labels!

Enjoy!!

my recipe card:

GORP

See GORP on Key Ingredient.

No comments: